Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lioness
      Participant

He has been out of rehab and back home for a few months now and back on the drink. Im feeling fed up and worn out, ive tried numerous times this year to end it, but he manages to convince me to stay with him. He has told me to leave the house and I am not allowed to take my daughter, he is not leaving and never will, and that I have mental issues and will report me and I wont get my daughter. Even though I am working and paying for everything and keeping a roof over his head while he sits at home every day. I have anxiety because of him. I cant afford to move out and keep the house going and I am not leaving my daughter with him. The debt is rising and I feel like im drowning financially, emotionally & physically. I have finally contacted womens aid and going to see someone tomorrow, I really hope I am strong enough to do this, I feel a bit shaky, I just want to find the strength to see this through this time x

Serenity
      Participant

You can do it. I divorced mine, though he made me think I couldn’t survive without him. I was in huge financial straits- but it’s gradually improving, with a few little changes to my daily living. I am getting on top of things. You will too.

He’s only making you think you won’t cope without him. You will. Xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Lioness

You can do this, its hard to break free because they rob you of any confidence you had.

Take to WA they will help you with options and your rights.

Good luck with your journey.

FS xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

My ex did this , arguing in the middle of night , threating to throw me out without the kids then beating me when i did used to get ready, they will exhaust u, approach d v support agency or even call womens aid and they can guide u further with agencies to approach, start making plan to leave him or how u can have him removed from house, tell the support worker your scenarios and they will work with u, my pathehic ex b in law used to say same to me as we lived as extended family that he would have me thrown in mental house and have s services take kids of me , again its way to threaten , timidate us and control us through fear , took me two decades to escape hun , and i just smile to myself how god bless me with escape that the day i left my b in law was abroad and when he found out i was escaping he was still sending threats from abroad that he’d be back in country within 24 hours and someone should just not let me go , thx god that message got to me too, so hun these idiots will always try to stop u , be one step ahead and play them too, i lived with an acholoic , i know how draining it is, u can do this hun, just get and seek advise

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content