Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      HaPea
      Participant

I’ve been having a difficult couple of days. My OH just seems oblivious to how his behaviour is triggering and causing issues. His words never match his actions. He never turned up at home to do a job he was meant to. He started ignoring all calls after telling me he would be there. Then when he finally decides to come home he smells of the drink again. So long story short as this may get redacted he does the same thing in the evening. Goes walkabouts tells me one thing does another. I feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall because why doesn’t he see the issues with his history of cheating and addiction. Fast forward a bit more and he goes to collect his car. I’d warned him earlier not to because I thought he had been drinking. So I call the police as a concern for his MH and potentially being a danger to others. Well he’s just come home and (removed by moderator). Now I’m just incredulous that he thinks I tried to get him arrested. No I was listening to my conscience he’s not a sound individual. But I’m always the bad guy never him and he never gets any consequences for his behaviour.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi HaPea,

That sounds really frustrating, especially stacked up day-by-day like you describe. Abusers are often very entitled and accept no responsibility for their behaviour. When he’s saying one thing and doing another, I’d suggest he does have an idea about what he’s doing. He knows the right things to say that he’ll do, so he’s not oblivious to your needs, and not following through with what’s agreed is a choice he makes. The fact he then ignores your phone calls also suggests that he is aware of the impact on you and chooses to behave in this way. It’s incredibly disrespectful and must be exhausting.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

StrongLife
      Participant

Understand the driving under influence- I too have been worried about this in the past. Police finally picked him up.

It is deeply distressing to know this is what is happening and understand the brick wall comment. Becomes sometimes pointless because they continue to do this type of thing.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content