Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Everhopeful321
      Participant

I’ve started to post a little bit on here, recognising a bit that I probably am in an abusive relationship but finding it very hard to see a way out. I’m wondering whether talking to my GP would have any benefit. Whilst I feel quite low at times and constantly anxious, I know what the cause of that is so I’m not looking for a ‘cure’ from them, that’s not the reason for talking to them. My biggest concern I suppose is that it triggers some sort of official involvement which I definitely don’t feel ready for. Would this just be a waste of their time if I kind of already know the answer or (completely opposite) would they just think I was overreacting?

liftingthefog
      Participant

Foreverhopeful,
      I didn’t speak with my Gp until my husband was arrested and now on bail, despite having a complete mental breakdown nearly (detail removed by moderator) ago because of his abusive behaviour I didn’t tell my Gp the true reasons why.
      I now wish I had. The behaviour doesn’t get better (despite our hopes) it escalates. Had I spoken to my Gp earlier I would have come across all the support available (whether you are ready to leave at the moment or not).
      Even this forum would have been a God send years ago, just knowing that your are not alone and support is there.
      Your Gp will also be able to put your abuse on record whilst you decide what to do.
      Good luck, keep strong and safe.
      Xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content