This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author
     Alittlelost 
    Participant

I enquired with the local police safe guarding team whether i could talk to them with out them making any arrests atm. It says on their site they will arrest if a crime is committed and that scares me. They asked for my phone no. To call me to discuss it. Im freaking out ive done wrong thing now. They have my name and phone no. And that alone scares me. I just want stuff kept on record about him and also any help to make my home situation safer if stuff happens.
    Major freak out.

maddog 
    Participant

Well done for speaking to the police. Remember, the police are there to protect you; not to throw you under the bus. The police are often the gateway to getting much of the help and support you need to keep you and your family safe. When I first spoke to the police about my ex I asked them not to speak to him as I was terrified of what he might do next. In the end they reached a point where interviewing him was inevitable. Hopefully in your case you will have plenty of time to get your ducks in a row before they do by which time you should have a safety plan in place and your head will be in a different place. It’s a horrible and frightening time. You are making early steps towards protecting yourself. That’s fantastic news.

Lisa 
    Main Moderator

Hi there Aliitlelost, this was such a big step for you to take. It is understandable that it feels quite overwhelming. How do you feel about asking a worker at your local Women’s Aid to support you with this?

Best wishes

Lisa

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EXIT SITE

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account