Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Amaguq
      Participant

Hi Ladies.
      Is it just me or can any of you know longer cry?

It became a normal to me to cry myself to sleep when I was with him, it became normal to sit outside crying, it became normal to lie in the bath crying, cleaning/cooking and crying, but now, although many sad things are happening, I feel like my tear ducts are closed.

The emotion is there and condolences to those whom need it but I can’t cry.

I am beginning to think it is the association with tears is him and maybe that is why.

Is it only me?
      Thanks for listening xx

Amaguq
      Participant

no* always proof read lol

Tiffany
      Participant

I don’t cry nearly as much as when I am with him – pretty much only when I am premenstrual. But I am seeing that as a positive. I cried enough when I was with him to last me a lifetime. He tried to convince me it was because I was depressed. Seeing how little I cry these days helps me see how far I have come.

iwillbeok
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m the opposite – I couldn’t cry with him now I’ll cry at the drop of a hat! I was conditioned not to cry – he would get so angry if I cried! I learnt to bottle it all up..

I would try and cry to get some release but just couldn’t. Now I cry a lot a lot less than the early days of freedom – a few tears many times a day on the occasional day and more rarely now – I will just let go with great racking sobs! After he was taken away I howled and cried like an animal released. After I could finally have a wash – I sat in the shower and cried and cried…

I find a good cry a useful release. Lundy Bancroft writes about it on his (old) blog…

The

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content