Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Daff
      Participant

As life goes on the tears still roll down my face. The tunnel has darkness at the end with few cracks to let the light in, life is unfolding, unravelling, ragged around the edges. The hole gets bigger with no way out. I’m clinging on, swimming as fast as I can but I can’t get to the end.
      Why can’t I move forward and stay there. Medication and speaking to someone isn’t helping anymore. Things are OK for a while and then they are not.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Daff

I don’t know your back-story, and sorry that nothing seems to be helping at the moment. Are there ways in which you are moving forward, like practical things? Is your life still with him, or are you apart and dealing with the fallout of it all still?

What things in your life are dragging you down and which things are lifting you up?

I hope you can spend time taking care of yourself.

warmest wishes

ts

Watersprite
      Participant

Hi Daff sorry to hear you are feeling this and life feels overwhelming. Please be kind to yourself in this time and try not to pressurise yourself into feeling better it’s just not as easy as that is it! . Would it be a possibility for you to speak to your GP again sometimes there are other medication options and same with support different talking therapies help different people. And the Samaritans are there 24/7 if you feel overwhelmed and unsafe. Sending a hug and hopefully a little bit of light that shows you this – you are not alone x

Daff
      Participant

Thank you both for your kind words. I’ve been out for a long while now and while we have no direct contact he still seems to find ways to get around this through others. It affects the children and i cant stop it. Sometimes it hits we like a brick wall, and I feel like I should have stopped feeling like this. The flash backs had became less frequent but have started up again. I will contact the doctors this week.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content