Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

woke up at about 1am this morning to alot of noise outside my house including screaming, it mase me sit up in bed scared, even had to switch my bed side light on. Then i hearded voices outside and it sounded like they were saying about which door it was.

The first thing that came to mine was my abusive ex and his family. I really thought he was out there. That was it then u couldnt sleep, i was restless all night 🙁
      I hate feeling like this.

KIP.
      Participant

Have you heard from the police. Have they offered you some protection?

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

Not a thing, when she tried to call me it went to answer phone as i was working but i called her back and left two messages.

No protection what so ever. When it first happended i had a family memeber stay with me

KIP.
      Participant

Can you ring 101 and ask to speak to her supervisor. It’s not good enough. You have a right to know what’s happening X

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

I didnt know i could do that, the way i see it is if anything had happended she would of tried to call me again

KIP.
      Participant

It’s up to you but you have a right to be kept up to date. In my experience, it’s whoever shouts the loudest.

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

I will have a go at calling her today.
      I also dont wana know as im scared of the outcome x

KIP.
      Participant

Can you get someone to call onyour behalf? I know how you feel but perhaps if you knew, it would help with the anxiety. Our imaginations run wild.

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

She isnt in now till wednesday, i spoke to the officer at control room and she said there is a small development but she couldnt discuss it with me because of data protection. I now have to wait longer, doesnt sound very positive, like much has been done.

KIP.
      Participant

Ask for her supervisor if you’re not happy. You have a right to be kept informed. It doesn’t matter how small a development. You have a right and she should be keeping you informed. I know it hard. Your mind doesn’t want to go back there but I think it’s really important she keeps in regular contact with you. That’s part of her job. Keeping victims informed❤️

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

Finally got through to someone. Gotta wait another week for an arrest.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content