Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      searchingforhope
      Participant

Hi all

haven’t been on regularly in many months. I moved out last year, with help from so many supports I’m lucky enough to have including here.
      The support and encouragement and validation that I’ve received here has been invaluable, this is such a hard road. Post -separation abuse is quite real and difficult to deal with, but I’m getting there. I guess I find strength from somewhere each day, no matter how hard the days sometimes feel.
      I have my own space now, which has provided such relief. I no longer dread going home in the evenings, I no longer get anxious on a Friday afternoon at the thought of the weekend ahead. I no longer look forward to Mondays so much to get me back to work and out of home.
      Having my own space has helped so much. If I can do it, I’m sure you can too.
      Thank you to everyone here that has given me support. You have all been a huge important part in helping my find the strength to keep going.

Stay strong. Sending love.
      SFH
      x*x

nbumblebee
      Participant

Sitting here reading this i have tears in my eyes. Ive had such a bad couple of weeks he has been nasty so nasty and today again just vile and i so want to know how to leave why i cant what im so scared of Im so tired so very tired of fighting. A weekend away with him is appraoching and im dreading it I cant stand him near me anymore but still I stay.
      I love to read stories feom those of you who are out including the struggles the truth but also your words how you no longer dread weekends etc give me hope.
      You are amazeingly brave sweetie I hope I really hope you continue to grow heal and enjoy life. X*x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content