Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

To all of the women on this forum who have taken the time to listen to my posts and give me their feedback, advice and experiences. Without this forum I would have crawled, begged and pleaded with someone who treated me awfully to take me back. I am eternally grateful to you all you have helped me so much. XXXXX

KIP.
      Participant

I feel the same. You can talk to doctors, lawyers, police, psycologist, psychiatrist, but nobody comes close to the help I’ve had from this site. It takes someone who has been through it to help. And the greatest help is knowing that all abusers do the same things, I’ve been forewarned on many occasions how to deal with him or what he will do next. His defence in court was a classic. So ditto. Thanks to all the strong women who have helped me and in a strange way it helps me to help others as I was helped along my journey. Well done to the women who have managed to escape and to the women still trapped, your time will come, just keep plodding away❤️

Serenity
      Participant

You have helped many of us too!

Big cheers for the sisterhood! 💛

When I first split i paid quite a lot for counselling, this forum together with self help books have kept me away from him. I would have broken No Contact by now and I am so thankful for finding my new life. X*X

Millionpieces
      Participant

Big thank you from me.
      I agreed with HA, all the ladies here are my hero. When I found this forum I was in a stage of hurting my self, I just didnt do it bcos I have no body but friends in this country. My parents are ten thousands miles away, I don’t want to be more trouble. Once I found this forum I started to understand what I have been dealing and fighting all those years I spent with him. And makes me so much better. My moods might still swings but the progress that I achieved since the abused is amazing. I still have counselling every week but this group has so much more healing power to my soul.
      Thank you all the ladies in this forum. I am deeply appreciate all the support I get.
      MP
      X

Confused123
      Participant

I think us ladies are all greatful to this site and thankful for the support we receive from each another , really is a blessing in disguise and i think its so touching how we not related, we have never met but can offer so much support to each another through our traumatic experience which has really made us feel all so connected , good on all of us

White Rose
      Participant

I agree. Thanks to everyone. This forum is a safe haven. We know we’ll be understood and it feels safe to talk.
      I don’t know what I’d have done had I not found it when I did.

betterdays
      Participant

Yes agree 100 percent I’ve been nc for a month I’d never of been able to get to this point ever!! Or be as strong as I am. But thanks to everyone on here I have and are so grateful too. There’s been times when I’ve felt like caving in up and down days but I come on here and I’m back on top form again. Where would we be without it??? X

Ayanna
      Participant

Sisterhood is the only way to beat patriarchy. x*x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content