Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Weemebreeze
      Participant

As the worst year of my life is almost over and the start of a new one is on the horizon, I’ve been thinking back over the year and I can’t quite believe the progress that I’ve made which is largely due to the most wonderful support and advice I’ve received on here.

The start of the year was horrendous – daily eggshells, silent treatment, sarcastic comments, gaslighting, lack of sleep, threats of abuse and living every day hoping it would all pass and the good days would come back. Sadly that never happened, and instead the abuse escalated to a very violent physical attack causing me to lose my home and shatter every dream and plan I had for the future. The day I walked out I was utterly shattered. Completely and utterly broken. Fragile, lost, petrified, confused ….I came on this forum and read endless pages of the most amazing and encouraging advice. I posted and was overwhelmed that so many “strangers” had reached out to help me when all around “friends” that I’d known for years had suddenly abandoned me, doubted me or betrayed me.

Bit by bit and with the support on this forum, counselling, reading Lundy Bancroft, learning about abuse etc i started to dig myself out of a very deep hole. The best advice i was given and i would recommend it a million times over is going no contact – putting a stop to him messing with my head, threating suicide etc was the best thing i could have done. (No surprise – he’s alive and well and no doubt tormenting his new partner)

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their support and being so open with their experiences and advice as it’s helped me get to a place of safety and for that, I’ll be forever grateful.

I end this year in a much better place – I’m sleeping so much better, i’m relaxed, i can go where i want with who i want and i’m safe. x

Grey Rock
      Participant

Omg I 💕 this post so much.

🌈🎈💕🤗
      GR

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content