Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Velveteenbun
      Participant

Picked my son up early from school wondering why his dad hasn’t been round to kick off, there are roadworks blocking both entrances to my street…..saved by the council. I wish I had though of that earlier wouod have saved me a lot of panic.

KIP.
      Participant

Please ring the police right away if he turns up. If he has no right to be in or near your home he is harrassing you. Keep reporting him so that the police can prove a pattern of behaviour that amounts to stalking or harrassment using the law X don’t argue with him. Just tell him to leave or you will call the police. If you can manage to record it too that would be helpful X

Serenity
      Participant

It’s dreadful how these abusers use school pick-up times as opportunities for abuse.

After my ex left and I started divorce proceedings, my heart was always in my mouth, as I sensed my ex might use school pick-up to scare me.

He never, ever wanted to pick the kids up from school, even when he lived here, even to help me out if I was running late. I had to ask friends to drop my kids home.

Just after I began divorce proceedings, she sent me a cryptic text with dots after it:

“Shall I pick up x ( son’s name ) …?”

He knew what I would interpret this to mean. That he would take him/ kidnap him. Yet if Id have shown that to a policeman or judge, they’d have called me loopy.

Luckily, I had so many supportive staff at my kids’ school. I went to talk to the head, the class teachers, the pastoral care workers…

I put them all on red alert, and this helped me feel safe and less vulnerable to him.

If he is ignoring any court orders, make sure you follow it up.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content