Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Me and my daughter are free. Today is the day we were meant to be traveling to a refuge. However in the lead up to the move he ramped up the abuse and I ended up having an anxiety attack and having to go to A&E. I was so scared I didn’t know what was happening tommy. When I got told it was an anxiety attack it made sense. He asked why it had happened and I told him. I told him I was scared of him, told him my heart beats faster and I get breathless and dizzy when I have to speak to him or he speaks to me. He left. I didn’t trust him, I said he would be back. He said he wouldn’t. I told him if he meant it then I wanted him to sign the house over to me. Last night he signed that piece of paper agreeing. The house is now mine. He has gone. The housing were brilliant and have said they will come and change the locks free of charge. His family now know what he has been doing. I don’t think they know the full extent but they know he hasn’t been the paterner or dad he was meant to be. I feel free. He can no longer walk in whenever he likes. I can do what I like and not answer to
      Anyone. It’s early days but I am so happy already. Thankyou so much to everyone on here that has given me advice over the past few months. x*x

KIP.
      Participant

This is great news. Time to build a wonderful new life for yourself. Get the locks changed as soon as possible and please ring the police if he turns up. I have a feeling you haven’t seen the last of him but at least now you are in control. No contact is the way forward x

Thankyou KIP. I am getting the locks done on Monday. You’re right, he has a nasty temper so it’s probably not the last I’m going to see if him but for now I am happy I am out of that cycle! X

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi,

Brilliant to hear he has left, Rockandrolldreamscomethrough! I hope you have recovered from the anxiety attack and you are able to start to enjoy your freedom. Great to hear you are having the locks changed too.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content