Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Daff
      Participant

I wish someone would tell me what the right thing do is. Feel like there’s a brick wall and i need to get to the other side, but don’t know how. Things just keep piling on top, im trying to stay strong for the children but don’t know if im doing or have done the right thing anymore. The days seem ok but the nights are so hard. Ive been in contact with agencies and i understand they can’t tell me what to do but i don’t know anymore.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi Daff, sometimes it helps to write a list of pros an cons. It might shed some light. Self confidence is stripped from us and that takes a while to build back up. To have the confidence in your decision making. If you feel pressured then take a step back and do nothing until you’re in a better place to make those decisions x

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Daff, It sounds like a bit of a struggle for you just now. For the time being, all you need to do is to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Give yourself some time just to be. Are you able to identify what us making the nighttime so hard?

KIP.
      Participant

Night times and weekends were so difficult for me for quite some time. I think it’s probably when we have more time to think about things. Try to have a nice night time routine to look forward to and plane some positive treats for the weekend. Start filling it with relaxing positive things but it will take time to fill that void. Meanwhile you need to be kind to yourself. Be your own best. Friend x

Daff
      Participant

Thanks everyone, ive got a lot coming this year. Ive pushed things to the back of my mind which are coming to light. Im realising when i was told things by other people i should have believed them and not him. Feeling stupid and drained, afraid to tell the truth about somethings and worried about what will happen if i do, but also what will happen if i dont. I had a message from someone last night who is hiding their identity i have no idea who they are, dont know if something has happened or is going happen. Feels like a nightmare i can’t wake up from.

KIP.
      Participant

Please ring the police if you’re scared and your local women’s aid can support you too x

Eggshells
      Participant

If the message came through on your phone then you may be able to stop them by blocking unknown numbers.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content