Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

For the beginning of a new year I thought it might be helpful to remind ourselves going forward……

I am not to blame for being beaten and abused
      I am not the cause of another’s violent behaviour
      I do not like it or want it
      I do not have to take it
      I am an important human being
      I am a worthwhile woman
      I deserve to be treated with respect
      I do have power to take good care of myself
      I can decide for myself what is best for me
      I can make changes in my life if I want to
      I am not alone. I can ask others to help me
      I am worth working for and changing for
      I deserve to make my own life safe and happy

Love to you all for 2017 x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Fantastic!

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

KIP I hope you do realise how fabulous and knowledgeable and inspirational you are. Thank you for being here.

Serenity
      Participant

Thank you, KIP!

I have screen-shot your list and will look at it regularly!

Thank you, and a happy 2017 to all!

older lady
      Participant

thank you KIP. i remember the first time i went on an assertiveness course and we discussed our bill of rights and i felt so uncomfortable trying to acknowledge these rights for myself. abuse makes us feel so worthless. wishing you a happy, positive 2017. xx

White Rose
      Participant

Thanks KIP
      All of my new years resolutions in one!
      You are pretty amazing -don’t forget it xx

shine bright 2
      Participant

❤….perfect. wish it cud be this way.

KIP I totally agree with this post. Such inspiring powerful words thank you. Happy New year to all you wonderful ladies 😊 x*x

Sallysally
      Participant

I am going to print them out and read them every day to give me the strength I need to leave x*x

This is brilliant. I’ve started a bucket list and Im actually going to be able to tick something off it very very soon 😊. The start of the new year has made me feel so so positive and optimistic about life. I was not living with this man I was an existence and I refuse to live life like that again. Once we make the very brave step to leave the possibilities are endless! This is our time to put ourselves before anyone we can do whatever we like to rebuild our lives. We can work, buy our own house, learn a new language, retrain or start a new career, travel, volunteer the possibilities really are endless. With the right support we can turn our lives around we can take back control and be who we want to be! That’s exactly what I will be doing and have started to do. Taking all those baby steps has meant I’ve turned a corner by booking this out of the world holiday for myself and my friend. Keep going no matter what knocks you and remember the baby steps turn into the very best steps we will take in our lives on our road of freedom! Xxxx

Nova
      Participant

Love it!
      Makes me think of writing some goals..
      Personal aims for my year ahead!
      Great new beginnings for 2017…& our lives back!

That’s a great start ladies!

Cx

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content