Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mellow
      Blocked

I’ve noticed that he laughs and gets happy when I’m upset once was when police were involved and I had to explain myself as I never pursued it further another time I messaged a event what happened he replied that I was funny and there has been other times when he smirks when I’m upset I can’t wait for him to go he’s certain he will I don’t want him back here again but I still feel like I may be trauma bonded .still he is blaming me because I’ve stopped keeping it to myself what he’s doing I’ve got to point I don’t care he’s doing it not me so I’ve spoke out if I hadent have spoke out I would have still been living in hell.to those who have not spoke out yet to a family member or friend it may set you free for a long time I didn’t understand my feelings and what was going on with my emotions because of the love bombing but this is soo fake it dosent last they don’t love you and never will even if they say so they will still treat you bad I had been livebombed only the other day when I woke up it was like nothing happened we had physically contact emotional flirting and I woke up to being ignored and not looked at and him chatting to another woman as he does this in front of me it’s not nice .get out and for those older women your never too old to be happy and leave my parent left a relationship she’s now very sick but she is happy yes it gets lonely but she found herself again she lives in a lovely bungalow with many lovely neighbours and friends you can do it to

Takethelongroad
      Participant

Thanks for posting your experience. Everything you say is so true! I recognise so much of what you say and I’m glad that your mum got out and is happier with her life despite her illness. How did you end it with your boyfriend? Did you simply say to him that that was the end and he left? Are you financially independent so you could afford to? If you feel you can share at all, I’d love to hear your story.

As for me, I know that my partner is secretly pleased that I’m not well now and on medication, so unable to work and therefore financially dependent on him. It’s not a healthy situation to be in, as you know.

Anyway, hope to hear from you.

RedStrawberry
      Participant

My ex was the same seemed to enjoy me getting upset. I often think he did things that he knew would deliberately upset me just so he could have a laugh.

Mellow
      Blocked

So to those older ladies you can also get support too The local domestic violence service does not exclude you based on age im sure also depending on your illness there are places to get support my parent gets meds delivered and things lucky for me I’ve been financially dependant the only thing he did was not put in his share or stopped putting in and saying I waste it so he’s stopping putting in lucky for me I have always had side hustles to make ends meet and am stable I would not allow him to control that I’m so sorry that you have this I know a lady who will never leave her husband because of this and I believe he is a n********t. Well for me to end it he went away and I ran away I did return but I felt like running away again I think he knew what was going to happen he tried to tell me it’s over and he’s going and I told him that it’s too late I’ve ended it and I’m certain this came after suspicion for years of other woman and then he became public with these women I started telling people what he did was not right a lot of people agreed he said they were friends but what he was doing publicly was more than friends I then started talking to people more about the relationship and they said I’m not treated right and if they was in the relationship it would have ended years before I kept looking to people to say it’s all in my head as I started getting confused and my friends said I do wrong to say it’s all in my head cause I’ve been treated wrongly and controlled in many ways I hasent ever thought of it this way but there had been so many times I asked for certain behaviour to stop and he didn’t and he would change the subject when I knew he was up to no good without talking about it he was physical a few times I let it go but he always denied it ever happened afterwards my ex was hesitant and police got invoked he then agreed to go by a certain period still living with abuser.for me it wasn’t secretory pleasing he just lacked empathy and acted like I wasn’t useful as couldn’t Do daily tasks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content