Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

For some reason I am not that bothered all of a sudden that he knows where I live.
      I am careful.
      I observe the surroundings for signs, but I do this with lesser fear.
      I know that it is hard for him to come here and he cannot do this frequently.
      And I also think that he might not want to get into anymore trouble.
      Now that he knows for sure he might as well leave me alone, who knows.
      It was also difficult for him to go through the (detail removed by Moderator)
      He had lost so much weight whilst that was going on. It has affected him too.
      I hope he has enough and does not want to face a judge anymore.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

What a relief for you and hope you continue to keep yourself safe.

Mine is escalating abuse years down the line, so I dont know how you know unless you can be sure he really has changed. Ther is a program I heard of recently that seems to havw the highest succes rates to date of around 40% no repeat offending.

Takr care x

Ayanna
      Participant

I am aware that he will never change.
      But he will not risk getting arrested.
      There is nothing what he can gain from me anymore.
      Life in prison has never been his desire.
      I am sure he has other victims, because this system failed to punish him properly.
      He opted out of the perpetrator programme with the support of his probation officer. This is how manipulative he is.

KIP.
      Participant

I think the fear goes away as we begin to realise what pathetic nasty little people they actually are. That they are not good enough to lick our boots. That they are nothing special. In fact they’re not even original in their abusive tactics. The fear goes when we realise that the fear was what allowed them to control us and kept us quiet. Not any more x

Ayanna
      Participant

Well said, KIP. 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content