Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hereforhelp
      Participant

He has held everything up that he could since separation…. he has made it as financially difficult for me and our children… as it is legal stage I can’t go into any details…

I wish I had a friend who understood and I could phone…. I miss my mum so much (she died in a horrible/sudden way) …

Tears are streaming down my cheeks.. I am so afraid of this final stage… I have just about held it together with everything else which went on in my life after he left… I haven’t felt this alone in a very long time… I feel so afraid that my mind is questioning Me and my decision to separate…WTAF… I do not understand why I feel this way… no one I know understands or they have had enough of listening IDK but I have been holding in these anxieties for a long time…
      I want it over with finalised, if we.are to be homeless then get on with it… I cannot stand the waiting and not knowing..feels like cat and mouse yet I am only sharing my truth…

Chasingrainbows
      Participant

Hey Heteforhelp, hang on in there, there are so many of us you are not alone! It sounds very stressful but you will get there, keep coming back and posting and reading as it helps you feel less alone. I think a lot of us don’t know anyone else in the same situation, I know I feel like that, people I do tell are sympathetic but don’t REALLY know. Lots of people talk about ringing one of the helpline or getting in contact with local support groups, maybe that’s not an option for you but if it is, think about it. It’s my task for the new year!

I have some experience of loosing a parent and it’s tough for you to be missing your Mum too, on top of everything else.

It is usual to question everything, keep going and you will get through it. That is their style, to make you feel confused and doubt everything. Remember the fact you are feeling anxious is a reminder that you are right to want to be away from him. Look after yourself. Xx

Ricepudding
      Participant

Hi your post sounds like your living my nightmare. I see you and I feel your pain I wish I could do more than to answer with some lame words as I am getting nowhere myself. People who are or have never experienced it don’t fully understand how it stripes you of your identity not knowing who you are and what you like as you don’t get given them to not have friends to talk to making up excuses because you are not allowed friends or to go out. At first you don’t see it you feel like they love you and they are protecting you but grows and grows until its so big it concum your life your family your friends your work your world crushing you with his words and actions chipping away at you until there’s nothing but a cold empty shell that brittle and if touched it will shatter into dust. With no one to turn to no one to talk to they cut you off paralysed with fear who is going to believe you when you say it back to yourself it sounds stupid and silly. Stay safe x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content