Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I feel so balanced! I have no fear, no anxiety, I have no stress, no worries, I can relax, I can switch off, I can sleep, I can laugh and really forget my past, I can be myself, I can take time out for what’s important to me, I can be around my family and friends without being made to feel guilty, I can thrive in my career, I can have friends at work and at the gym who know nothing about my past, I can move forward without being held back by him, I am not being judged, I can decide what I spend my time and money on. I can be independent, I can be single. All these things I am able to do, will do, will continue to do now the fog and pattern of abuse has been ENDED by ME! You can do it ladies!! Xxxx

KIP.
      Participant

Good for you👏 Yes, you took that step and ended the abuse. Good riddance to bad rubbish….

Alicenotichains
      Participant

What an uplifting post!! I am starting I am starting to feel this way also. I am just crashed out on my sofa, relaxed, peaceful, work is going well, I laugh a lot more- definitely the right decision to leave. I have moments of anxiety where I worry he might pitch up at my house and be violent but I have stuck to no contact and feel so relaxed. Well done you for all that you have achieved- the future is bright!! X

Thank you both 😊. It all starts with self care and the little things like writing nice things about yourself and saying them so many times that you start to believe it. We have nothing to be ashamed of, in fact I’ve met people who have told me that they’re divorced or disclosed things about their love life I don’t tell them anything! It will take a long time for me to disclose anything of this nature with a new person in my life. I don’t trust easily and I was naive before I met my estranged psyvhotic vile ex husband! I’m a lot wiser now and I will not put myself in a situation where I could put myself at risk of further abuse. Wearing heels, buying nice clothes is such another boost it makes you feel important. Stick to no contact it is so important I know if I didn’t implement that I would never have got to this stage. I didn’t even know anything about no contact luckily the ladies on here told me about it. The best feeling is that he didn’t see my pain, my anger, my heartbreak because I implemented no contact after leaving him and I went to see a Solicitor as soon as I could – that was my way of telling him what I think of him! He underestimated my strength and now I don’t ever need to see his name again. Keep focusing on yourself, one step at a time, one day at a time because one day all the jigsaw puzzles will slot into place. Keep no contact in place no matter how hard it is because as the ladies tell us here they will reel us back in. I’m such a strong minded woman and I was fooled by him it can and does happen to anyone. I have definitely had the last life I’ve said get out and shut your door on the way out there is no space for a (removed by moderator) in my life! Xxxx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content