Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

I first joined this forum about five years ago now. At first i had no reponses i was at the angry stage of my recovery and my posts were a bit of the wall i guess. I had won my child custody battle and i wanted to reach out. I still felt angry but still i had that fire burning now i had fight.Slowly i started to get responses from women going through the exact same. I never realised until I started to reach out to the other women how much we can help each other. We have a small support group now on watts app were there for each other everyday. We talk in general have a giggle – if one of us is down we all help to pull her up again. We help each other with paper work even for court. We have truly held each others hand through this, weve learned so much had so many light bulb moments together.We are the best friendship group i could ever have wished for in fact these ladies feel like family (sister sufferagettes). what a god send this forum has been. I have watched us escape fight and forge forward. we are recovering and this has been a life line. just wanted to share. Thankyou womens aid 🙂 love diymum

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel… diymum@1,
      What a lovely post, thank you for sharing… I truly believe that woman have so much power when we unite.
      I also believe that however bad our experiences were, we have to take the good from it and your posts shows that.
      We must step out of victim mode to empower ourselves and other woman
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

diymum@1
      Participant

Hi darcy,

its good to show what you can do when you do unite. it gives us power when we feel so powerless. we can get through this together 🙂 xxxx

KIP.
      Participant

Women’s Aid began when women like us joined forces and look where they are now. Power to you 💕

diymum@1
      Participant

its one way to stop isolation especially in this situation with the right support we find strength and freedom xxxx much love KIP

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content