Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      smallbutbrave
      Participant

how do u deal with it?

I am so close to getting out, he said he will leave (detail removed by Moderator) when i am at work and when infet home he will be gone. I should feel releaved like a weight has been lifted of my shoulders. He is emotionaly abusive and just awful and blameless, i am to blame for this break up apprantly. He cant see i am just so fed up woth his behaviour after so many years and no begging him to stay…yet

but i know come (detail removed by Moderator) thats what i will do, i will tell him not to go despite how unhappy i am.

i feel so guilty he wont see his son and i am also aware how hard this will be for my son and i think thats where the guilt comes from.

I really dont know what to do 😔

Ghostspider
      Participant

Hey,

I am (detail removed by Moderator) months down the line from you, I have a house and life I didn’t before. I still feel guilty, but it gets less, I promise the good you will feel from leaving will our way the guilt.

I have my down moment where I miss him and I feel guilty but I now I’m free from him I can remind myself I’m better off, I think of the hurt he caused and the guilt feels less.

So if he won’t leave, you leave, you can be happy again! You can feel productive and achieve things.

Good luck!

Ghostspider
      Participant

Also I have kids and I get the guilt, my kids have adjusted so well, they are more resilient than you think! They will feel better that you are happy my kids are so much happier now I am x

Captain hook
      Participant

So i have s little one, and feel guilty for pulling her away from everything she knows but i understand that if we stay what it will do to her mental health and my own, but is it normal for feeling guilty for wanting better for us im so confused and things r getting harder everyday and the lies are getting scarey everydsy too will the guilty feeling pass or will it be somthing i always will feel

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content