Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      fizzylem
      Participant

Can’t get through to WA again, have tried a few times this last couple of months, a few times over the last week and a number of times throughout these days, also left a message and no one’s called me back.

I ring the Samaritians when I cant get WA and they ‘always’ answer – which helps me emotionlly yes, but they cant give me the info I also need.

Clearly the number of women in need of help is far greater than funding allows for staff. This both saddens me and worries me for the women in need and the staff trying to support.

Anyone else having this difficulty?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Fizzylem, I am sorry that you are struggling to get through to the helpline. If you mean The National Domestic Violence Helpline, as you may know from the 31st October it is being run by Refuge, no longer in partnership with Women’s Aid

You can contact a Support Worker from Women’s Aid via our live chat where you can chat in confidence about your situation. Support workers will not tell you what to do but they can give support, practical information, and discuss with you any options that are available based on your specific circumstances. For more information about the chat service please go to: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Best wishes

Lisa

Hetty
      Participant

Try your local domestic abuse organisation. They got me in for a face to face appointment within two days.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I agree with Hetty in this Fizzy, try your local WA. They will usually see you sooner.
      IWMB 💞💞

fizzylem
      Participant

Thanks you two, yes I have a support worker and she’s usually pretty good at getting back to me 1-3 days, although I know they are sinking under the calls as well, I can speak with her during usual working hours 4 days a week; its the helpline I’ve needed x

Lavenderrose
      Participant

Feel free to inbox me if you like, I’ll do my best 💗

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content