Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

We’re not in a relationship, but he has residency of our daughter. Every time I don’t meet his demands (maybe I’ve missed a phonecall, or wasn’t available for a phonecall, or turned down an invite to go to coffee with him) he send me multiple messages in a row, calling me names, belittling me and making me feel like an awful person. He makes 1 rule for him, different for me, it feels like with every conversation I am being tested. If I buy daughter a gift he accuses me of trying to score points with him.. I dont know what to do

KIP.
      Participant

Start gathering evidence of his controlling behaviour. Keep all those messages. Do you have a legal access agreement When you see your child? Can you use a third party for all contact. He can text a Mutual friend or family member and they can pass on any urgent messages To do with your child so you don’t need to have any direct contact. Cut him right out the loop. You need a relationship with your child not with him. You simply cannot co parent with an abuser, These men will use any contact to further abuse you. Would you want to challenge his right for residency. I think you could build a strong case here x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content