Some day a time for us,
      Time together with time spare,
      Time to learn, time to care,
      Some day!

Somewhere.
      We’ll find a new way of living,
      We’ll find a way of forgiving
      Somewhere . . .

I went to see a musical and this song from West Side Story was featured. It was sang so clearly and beautifully and I immediately thought of how poignant the words were for ladies who are trapped in abuse. I’ve changed the lyrics slightly above to read ‘our hand’ instead of ‘my hand’. ‘Our hand’ is the hands of the ladies on this forum who are slowly guiding you to a happier and safer life.

Leaving an abuser takes effort. We have to be pro-active to leave and put more effort in to leaving than we did in to trying to make that relationship work time and time again. It’s not easy I know, I was stuck myself for years, miserable and unhappy, imprisoned in a beautiful home; my freedom of movement came with a price!

Somehow, some day I got away. Now I am somewhere, and I am happy and free 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive

I too am in your place now , wonderful inspiring words , I know the song and the musical. I’m somewhere , happy and free ❤️

Thesoundofrain
        Participant

Hi Wants to Help

Hopefully this time next year I’m in a much better place .

You’re so right about the effort involved x

Gerbil
      Participant

I love this.
      Thank you so much for posting x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

It is always great to hear that women can make it out and find their somewhere and sometime.

A little concerned your lovely words may be deleted because it quoting a copyrighted tune 🙁

You are somewhere to have been to immerse yourself in a musical, and still come back and feel you have found your somewhere and sometime.

Well done for your all efforts that have paid off so you can enjoy your life.

warmest wishes

ts

nbumblebee
      Participant

Not sure I am able to say anything @wantstohelp except I hope you know how increable you are.

Scarecrow
      Participant

Beautiful – and full of hope for members who have not found their freedom yet 🙂

S x

Overtherainbow2
      Participant

Dear wants to help
      Thank you for sharing this wonderful song. It means a lot for me at the moment.
      Near to D day… somewhere me and my daughter will be in peace 💛

Butterlyoffreedom
      Participant

Thank you for sharing such a lovely posts.

I could not agree more that leaving and moving forward takes more strength than staying, however the freedom and bliss which our higher power blesses us with is worth it and the happy positive moments ❤️

Sending all the ladies on this forum love, light and strength.

x*x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content