Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      marmaladechamp
      Participant

Day three post-flee and it’s been an alright day. Some moments of happiness and relief, other moments of sadness and grief.

I started counselling today and I found myself quite p&ssed off at some of the things I could recall my ex saying to me and making me feel. How dare he! Talking definitely helps give me clarity but it’s hard.

There are so many memories coming back to me and it makes me feel sad. Sad that he could make me feel that way or say things that put me down and I didn’t even realise, I thought there was something wrong with me.

This will be my first weekend on my own and I’m planning some adventures including a solo trip to the cinema and a nice long swim.

Just taking each day as it comes.

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

I am so proud of you. You are tackling this head-on and doing so well. This is exactly what you need to be doing now that you are free of him – taking care of you!

I’m really pleased you have started counselling already, sometimes there can be quite the wait and it sounds like you have even already had break-throughs. Well done! It’s absolutely okay to get angry with what he has done to you and while it certainly is difficult to talk about, there is relief and release in it, too. You are putting words to the truth, to what happened to you and I think you are on such a good path already.

Keep going, keep spoiling yourself, keep up the self care. Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute it all gets better and better x

Keep posting x

KIP.
      Participant

Things are moving really quickly for you. It sounds like you have a good grip on things. Now your head is free to work out what the hell happened as it’s always been taken up with trying to appease him or stay safe. It’s a cruel part of healing but it’s no reflection on you. I spent decades thinking and being told I was the problem, that I had a mental illness. They are nasty controlling people. Keep pampering yourself. Onwards and upwards one day at a time.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Wishing you good grieving period and well done to planning things for yourself 👍 enjoy the movies and especially the swim!! I too go swimming, this activity is keeping me going like nothing else, I can highly recommend it to everyone. It frees the mind, keeps the body in shape and when you are tired you can just go and float, water is good for releasing energy but also to just relax. To be in the water is always a win-win situation 😄🏊‍♀️👍💕

EbonyRaven
      Participant

Hope you’ve enjoyed those freedoms. Sounds like a really lovely day.

Well done on beginning to talk through it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content