Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Freedompoppy
      Participant

Hi all

I’m really struggling to get my head around what happened to me in this relationship. I am (detail removed by moderator) years since the police were involved however he still try’s to mentally abuse me because I have data that could ruin his life and apparently I have a hold over him. ( I really don’t ) It has taken so long to even realise what he did to me and how wrong it was, I find myself sitting with the therapists blaming myself. I’m currently going through all the sexual violence and it just makes me feel so sick. I know the police treated it all wrong. I was interviewed by to make officers and never had a domestic abuse police officer or sexual abuse team. I keep reading the email over and over sent by the male cps. There was images he had taken when he spiked my drink.. and looking at how desperate I was back (detail removed by moderator) years ago even though I didn’t know what I was in for them to be deleted, I’m desperate in the message for them to be deleted and the reply I got was if he uses them in the future then to report. I just don’t know where to start and feel like I can’t move on from it because it’s all so wrong.. how it was handled, the services everything. It taken (detail removed by moderator) years and he still never left me along (detail removed by moderator) where do I even start??

KIP.
      Participant

I’d start by contacting womens aid and making a complaint against the police about the way your case was handled.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Freedompoppy

you are not alone in this, that response you received sounds very familiar. I don’t think I’m allowed on here to go into details, but suffice to say it was pretty bad, basically ignored is all I’ll say.

I feel for you having those photos out there that you want so badly deleted, they are yours, they don’t belong to anyone else and if anyone supports them then they are wrong. They are photos of you that should never have been taken and noone else should have them, and I understand that all the while they do you can feel violated by that.

Its the most awful feeling, and sadly also very common in this digital age with all the tech in everyones hand 24/7, to take and spread photos.

Would you feel ok to make a complaint? I don’t know who you’d go to though.

warmest wishes

ts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content