Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lyng
      Participant

She thought she was free. But freedom is elusive when your children are weapon-like tethers to your past. She came home. She made dinner. She endured being yelled at, berated, intimidated, and physically hit by her youngest daughter. Her eldest made fun of her at the table. Then she found herself in an all too familiar place. Vomiting. Crying beside the toilet. Just like the good old days …

bunsandcakes
      Participant

Hugs to you. I know it can feel like a mountain and the words you speak are familiar to me. You are not alone and you will overcome. Its beautifully written.

Lyng
      Participant

I love my kids so much. I blame myself for staying. It’s why they act the way they do. But mostly I blame a system that feels no matter what a partner does, they have have a right to have their kids as long as the kids aren’t being beaten. Thank you. I feel lost and afraid.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content