Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      ineedtosurvivethis
      Participant

Just had the worst time this afternoon and I’m literally shaking. Going off to stay somewhere else. You were all right. Loads of threats and abuse today which I ignored which then got personal and then now I’ve been throttled the look in his face when he was doing it was awful. I’ve left mine. We live so close that this cannot go on anymore. I’m being followed, threatened, attacked to the point where i know that he is going to kill me. He was almost close this afternoon had it not been for people approaching nearby. I’m done with this all. I need to get out of here. The man is delusional making up things in his head like I’ve cheated just so he has something to have a go at me for. I’m so done with trying to reason that he’s ignored and blocked and the authorities have to act now. I am so lost its terrible.

KIP.
      Participant

I did the same thing. I just kept thinking any minute now he is going to be reasonable, see sense and leave me alone. It took a final assault to jolt me into reality. I hope you’ve rung the police. If not please do so right away.

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hang on in there. So sorry you’re going through this. Have you reported him? You need to photograph any bruising etc. I’m glad you’re staying somewhere else. You can not reason with these men. They don’t accept that they do anything wrong. They are not man-enough to admit blame or accept responsibility for their actions/words. They look for reasons to punish us even if that means lying, inventing reason to start a row. There’s nothing you can do or say to get through to them, it’s pointless trying. Just keep yourself safe and report all this, get yourself checked over, phone the helpline and get advice. Keep posting and keep yourself safe. Hugs

Fuzzyfelt
      Participant

I hope you are with someone supportive, agree with the other ladies… photos, police… harassment /assault charge.
      Please, please be safe .

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Ineedtosurvivethis,

Please phone the Police to report his actions. The fact that he tried to strangle you is sadly a very serious indication that he has no boundaries when it comes to what injuries he is prepared to inflict on you. The Police will take it seriously and they should do a risk assessment on you. Its a very serious red flag. He is very dangerous. Please make sure you are somewhere safe where he doesn’t know where you are. The helpline is open all the time although realistically it may well be very busy at the moment but you can try them and leave a message saying you are safe for them to call you back and they will. They will help you. Please do try the helpline and the Police and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

ineedtosurvivethis
      Participant

He’s been reported. I’ve removed myself from.the situation and now he’s leaving messages via people that he needs me to help him.
      Delusional. I’m in the dark at a friends. I dont want to talk to them I feel like I’m being judged to even talk about him because I know they are all thinking I told you so.
      Thanks guys. I’ve never felt so humiliated in my life. The anger, the words and the actions is so much for Christmas. I’m exhausted by it all. I havent slept properly in months. My whole body is battered.i sound like such a whinging Minnie and after all this he is acting normal. I’m just so done with it all. Guys I’m so sorry for being such a nause. I’m utterly lost.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there, try to just rest for tonight. You’re still traumatised. It’s easy to say I told you so when you’re not caught up in the dysfunction of abuse. If you get the chance to speak to the police again tell them you want fully kept up to date. It is your right to do so. And I would put in an official complaint about how you were not taken seriously by them. For what it’s worth mine acted all normal too. They are the delusional ones.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Keep posting here for support Ineedtosurvive this. I’m praying for you.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, I hope you are ok. I remember the day after the last assault I was just traumatised. Let the professionals take over and give them all the help you can x ring the helpline number on here if you need to speak to someone x

Anonymous
      Inactive

hi i experienced the most awful battering from my husband we were not too long married i t was the first and the last i got the police who have been great and the domestic abuse unit gave me so much support (detail removed by Moderator) its dangerous to stay and remember its also the most dangerous time when you leave but you have to be strong and keep away from him if you dont you have given him the green light to hit you again choking you is serious asssault it dosnt get much worse dead maybe so sorry for what your going through x

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content