Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kitty
      Participant

My ex kicked me out of our house, refused to sell and then rented it out. I have correspondence from him stating that all rental income was going on the mortgage and that neither of us would get any money until arrears were paid off. Now the payments were to a joint account. He never let me access this account and I was too scared until recently to get access to it. It turns out the arrears on the mortgage have increased and he has spent thousands of the money that is legally half mine. Would this classed as theft, fraud or what? I have all the text messages from him stating the arrangement but he has just taken every penny for himself. I own half of the house.

SaharaD
      Participant

I suggest going to the police and reporting financial abuse. There are ways to stop this. you might have to apply to court for a financial order. Dont let him get away with it…..he is trying to destroy your financial stability.

I’m not sure if there is a financial ombudsman, its worth looking into. x

kitty
      Participant

I feel so angry with myself for letting it go on for so long. I have many many texts from him telling me I can’t use the bank……telling me the money is still there, being paid to the mortgage. He has wasted the lot and on top of that he has taken thousands in hand outs from his elderly parents. I have emailed his police worker and asked their advice on what to do next.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content