Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Hopesprings
      Participant

So last week I had my first session with a counsellor finally! Its been hard for me to find a therapist with my hours but I managed to find one through my work for free. It’s six sessions and I don’t know if that will be enough but time will tell. On the morning of I felt so nervous and unsure what I even wanted to talk about. I thought I would speak about work perhaps and was sure I would not mention my ex. Well cut to me basically breaking down and telling her all about it. She made me stop to recognise what was going on in my body when I spoke of it. Obviously I know it’s not an easy subject for me but I had never really stopped to think about it for too long and just iow it was affecting my whole body. So she got me grounded again and did a really good relaxation with me and it’s going to help if things are getting too much. I’m feeling positive about finally speaking to someone about this. Its been a long time. Anyway just thought I would share. Recovery is a long road and it’s good to know you can access help at many points if and when you need to. Love HS ❤️

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Dear Hopesprings,

I’m glad to hear you had such a positive experience with your counsellor. Counselling is a really safe space for you and you deserve that time.

Best Wishes,

Lisa

Hopesprings
      Participant

Thanks Lisa. I go again tomorrow 😊

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Hopesprings That sounds really positive, I am just about to receive one to one counseling & am feeling the same, desperately needing it but also dreading how it will work & just praying it will. It is good to hear you got on well & wishing you continued Strength on your journey. You’ve given me a glimmer of hope by reading your post x

Well done ladies it’s a scary big step be very proud of yourselves.
      I haven’t had any counselling, my sister keeps begging me to go get it all out- I tend to put on a brave face and swallow it down. I’m just wondering if anyone has been through this without counselling or is that definitely the way to go.

Fsc x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content