Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I can’t do this. Went to therapy (detail removed by moderator).
      Her approach is to start from a safe place through to the traumatic event and end in a safe place. But a. I don’t believe what happened to me was traumatic.
      And b. I don’t have a safe place to go to yet. The future is my safe place.
      I’ll continue with job hunting. That’s much less scary. That’ll lead me to my safe place 😌

maddog
      Participant

Therapy is a very personal choice and trauma therapy is very specific. I was very surprised by what came out and I found it very helpful.

Well done for giving therapy a go. It may not be the kind of help you need right now and we all move on in different ways. I’ve seen more mental health professionals in my adult life than I can shake a stick at. Most of them don’t stand out but others probably saved my life.

Hope the job hunting goes well and gets you where you need to be for the moment.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi as MD says well done for going. I’m a believer that we can heal ourselves given time, but sometimes some of us, we need the help of the professionals. Sometimes just knowing we’re coping and reacting like anyone else would, would be enough for some of us. Good luck with the job hunting, keep posting, have the belief in yourself, by getting on with life, that’s the best payback we can ever hope for I think.
      Take care mo charaid IWMB 💞💞

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Thank you both kindly, I do feel at peace with my decision, that means it’s the right one 😌

fizzylem
      Participant

You know yourself better than anyone HLJ and if work is what you need right now then go for it. Keep an open mind for the future though, if you feel youre crashing or struggling. Therapy has to be at the right time and with the right therpist – it may serve you another time, but for now you’re after stability, normailty, self reliance hey – there’s much value in work. I cant manage work atm, I greatly admire those that get back into it and those who manage to maintain a job through it all.

Look forward to reading the post you leave about the new job then! Xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content