Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

I have had this excuse used regarding a government agency. It sent shivers down my spine. My reality was so distorted. In my complaint to the agency I have stated that my experience and opinion based on the evidence (ignored by agency) is no less valid than that of said organisation. I thought those words are the kind of thing abusers say or rapists.

KIP.
      Participant

Yes, it’s insulting to your integrity. You are a witness. You know the truth. Don’t let them bully you. It’s a valid complaint and saying there were no witnesses is not an appropriate way of investigating your complaint. Of course there were no other witnesses. Stating the obvious isn’t a great response either x

maddog
      Participant

This is my 2nd formal complaint to the organisation. The first is with the ombudsman so I don’t know if this one will be part of the first. The organisation have a domestic abuse tool like the DASH questionnaire. It wasn’t used. My life has been a living hell since this organisation came into my life.

KIP.
      Participant

Sometimes I think the process abuses us worse than our abuser. I’ve had total incompetence put me in danger. I will record every face to face conversation I have in future. There’s plenty apps available for phones and tablets. We shouldn’t have to but it’s getting so I can’t trust anyone x keep going with your complaints. It took me two years via the ombudsman to get satisfaction and an acceptance of guilt and a written apology from the court and the procurator fiscals office. You need real tenacity which we definitely have. All they had to do was accept their part and apologies. They also changed the system so it wouldn’t happen again. Maybe through your complaint you can make things better for the next victim x

maddog
      Participant

Thank you KIP. I really hope the ombudsman take this seriously and perhaps even the organisation itself will take it seriously. I know full well that I’m not the only person to be treated as I am.

I have read on BBC that banking practices in some banks are downright dangerous for survivors of domestic abuse.

I have asked the ombudsman for policy change and compensation. I am unable to undergo the treatment I need until this part of my life is over.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content