Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

Did anybody see Theresa May’s speech at the Police Confederation Conference today?
      I felt that she was honest in what she said and she addressed so many issues and how they should be dealt with correctly. She sounded progressive. Is there a silver line of hope at the horizon?

I will try to find it on IPlayer today, do you have a link in any case? I would love to listen and find out about her views.
      x BJ

godschild
      Participant

Didn’t seethe speech but I wrote to her about 18 months ago after seeing that she recommended a lot of reform in how police dealt with DV, I had suffered a lot at the hands of police including outright abuse an she didn’t even reply to me

Ayanna
      Participant
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I felt that what she said gave me some small hope that things can change. Because I was not supported to press charges, my ex husband told everyone it was clear he was innocent. Thus no guilt whatsoever.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content