Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      colouringinfairy
      Participant

(details removed by moderator)

I was thinking of not pursuing the case, but had been advised to wait to see what the CPS decision was. Hearing that they were going to charge him made me so happy because he would have paid for his actions. Now he never will all because of someones f**k up on a technicality.

I am absolutely devastated. I cried all night and hardly slept, I feel like I am back to square one. He will be so happy now, to know he has gotten away with it. I just don’t know what to do with myself. I’m heart broken all over again. These people are meant to help victims get justice not cause them more pain because of their own incompetence.

How can this have happened? I’m absolutely gutted 🙁

EbonyRaven
      Participant

I’m so sorry, that’s terrible. I wish I had some advice but I’m speechless over the ineptitude. Sending hugs. xx

KIP.
      Participant

I’m so sorry this has happened. Making a formal complaint may not change your circumstances but it might change the next woman who is potentially let down by their ineptitude. Take a day or two to think it over. If there’s enough evidence for a criminal charge, you could consider suing him through the civil courts. Get some legal aid or speak to a no win no fee solicitor. Meantime, you did absolutely everything you could. I’d contact my local MP too and get them involved. This shouldn’t be happening. Surely the police officer in charge of your case should have it in his diary? How difficult can it be to count to six months. Something doesn’t sound right. Get victim support involved too to raise your case x

maddog
      Participant

How really crushing for you. I hope you are getting all the real life support available. Is your IDVA or ISVA any help? Victim Support are brilliant.

You know that you’ve done everything you can, and it is good that you have been supported by the police.

Your ex will do the same thing again and now it’s only a matter of time until he is charged. He has only gotten away with his criminal behaviour temporarily.

It’s such a horrible thing to go through. I am sorry.

diymum@1
      Participant

yeh id complain – one day out! i think they should make allowances given the circumstances and the fact the cut of is on a very fine line. complainers get what they need squeeky wheels get oiled xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content