Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

Professionals who have not experienced abuse themselves can never understand us.
      All their studies, degrees, doctorates cannot make them understand what happens in our souls.
      Many of them come from wealthy backgrounds. They were well looked after children, the pride of their parents, who sent them to expensive schools. I have met countless examples of those. They are all extremely well educated and very knowledgeable – theoretically, about mental health issues.

But they get so many things wrong. They miss tiny details that are actually of importance. They guide us in the wrong direction. They are oblivious to the extent of suffering that we went through.
      They have no idea what this did to us and that we are still able to stand tall, to survive and thrive — WITHOUT MEDICATION!!!!!

I for myself I am perfectly capable of living my life, looking after myself and doing my job without taking any medication, no mind altering substances!

What I would be grateful for is genuine human interaction, compassion and a listening ear! And exactly that those people deny me. I have been without this most time of my life and I was able to go to university and function as I should have in society.

I am getting stronger by the day and I can continue keeping it all to myself. No harm done. My life gets better and I will feel happy again.

Thank you forever Women’s Aid for this forum!

We will all get better again and thrive. We support each other here and defy all the odds.
      Many of us are not depressed. But many of us have PTSD and complex PTSD.

All these super educated people who judge us by the surface and have no idea what happened with us, who ask the wrong questions, who do not listen, who misinterpret what we say, …. They can keep their degrees. Nobody will put me on drugs just because I was abused.

(removed by moderator)

undertherainbow
      Participant

I doubt any type of drug would work on them. (detail removed by moderator)

Ayanna
      Participant

I am going to write a strong complaint! They have insulted me enough. My pride is returning. All these people who are so directive, who want to trap me in a corner!
      Their letter is full of victimisations!

They think I do not know anything because I am underpriviledged, not as highly educated as them! I went to Uni too and I am going to study again. They will desperately grasp for arguments and find none.

They are just rich off spring with no knowledge about the hardships of life. They live in different spheres, too high above the suffering of poor people, especially women.

godschild
      Participant

Totally agree Ayanna, they learn form text books , they have no real empathy or sypathy as they do live in a different world they are untouched by our suffering.
      Its the same with phyciatrists they learn from textbooks they have never felt how we do , they dont have a clue, just dole out drugs and what they have learned from books.

Ayanna
      Participant

Abused women are automatically put on mind altering drugs.
      Women like me, who question this practice and want other ways of support, are labelled as non compliant.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content