Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      unity
      Participant

I have not been on for a while as I have moved house. Well away from my ex. We have started a new life. I have got my own house as he agreed on a settlement, but it took a fair while to get the money through. We have a lovely house with lovely neighbours. Thankfully we have moved out of the horrid cramped flat. I finished my Domestic Abuse Counselling which helped, but it seems like last year was a distant memory. It was about this time last year I started to use the forum, which helped me to identify the abuse I had been suffering for almost a decade. I can read my ex like a book,having read up on abuse to understand things. He of course denies any abuse…but that does not bother me at all….I am free ,happy and enjoying life.
      I have had two major moves and a job change and a split from my ex…I am now busy looking after my children, ignoring any attempts he makes of emotional abuse through
      the children by playing down and acting like it’s a joke…well he is one big joke!
      Any one thinking of leaving abuse I would definitely encourage you to. The last year has had many ups and downs, but reading up and trying to understand abuse,getting counselling and of course this fab website is the best support possible. I do more or less no contact. We meet in a car park to enable contact for children. But I don’t get out the car and neither does he. It works just fine.
      My only hint and tip is invest in yourself,be kind to you and go no contact where possible. Get loads of professional support to help through the lows. Have confidence in yourself. I have got myself a set of tools,learnt how to wallpaper, designed a kitchen and redecorated an entire house…just me! Believe in yourself and the rest will follow x*x support and hugs to you all

Thank you Unity, i look forward to the time where I have forgotton my ex and can move on happily with my life, he dominates my thoughts at the moment.

Serenity
      Participant

Great to hear from you, Unity.

I have often wondered how you are. I am so glad you feel so strong.

I hope your son ( and all kids) are doing ok.

Confused123
      Participant

Well done hun, so good to hear u progressing well

Ayanna
      Participant

Wonderful! Yes, we can do DIY and the results are amazing. We do not need abusive men in our lives.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content