Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

To really make sense to me piece by piece. I remember even months ago we were kind of talking about getting back together. And I were saying to him he would have to seek help he were agreeing and said we would discuss it when he next saw me….. Oh my….He did see me and he said NOTHING!!!!!! To me and I didn’t him he had never any intentions had he??????? What a LIAR he’s had me over he’s had me for a fool. Sorry if u all think I’m totally mad but it’s just come to me how the hell do u come back from all this??? He’s carrying on like nowts happened. As though he’s happy torn apart here…..X

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Better Days,

Yes, this is one of the most painful parts of the process – realising who they were ( and it’s not very nice).

They lie to everyone, not just to us; and most importantly they lie to them selves.

You aren’t a fool. Maybe feeling angry is a good thing- it is a healthy anger.

I am a bit further along in the process than you. It’s been a horrible, dark journey, but I finally feel there is light at the end of the tunnel ( I’m going to write it in a new post in a minute). You will reach that place too- I am sure.

Please try to get extra help for yourself with your children. Call the National Autistic Society or Family Lives and ask for help in accessing extra support. You deserve help and you deserve a break at times x*x

betterdays
        Participant

Hi serenity hope ur good? The thing is if he’s lied to me all these years he’s going to do it to somebody else surely he won’t change now?? X

Ayanna
      Participant

I had the same experience. Lots of promises and then all was forgotten and he did not change a bit. He became worse instead and eventually almost killed me.

Serenity
      Participant

He shows no signs of changing because he takes none of the responsibility, so it seems he will go down the common route if the subset and continue abusing others, rather than admit his guilt.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content