Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      deepbreath
      Participant

Hi everyone

I reached out here earlier this year when i realised I was in an abusive relationship and had to leave for my own safety. It was one of the most traumatic experiences and the advice i had here from you all, when I was at rock bottom, helped me more than words can convey.

Today,the abuse has finally stopped. Going no contact finally worked. I had to disappear but now I am in a new home, and I am so so much happier. I just wanted to say that to anyone going through this, I feel your pain and worry and anxiety. It’s the most heart breaking, terrifying experience. But trust your gut, LEAVE, don’t look back and you will be so much better off. You might have to go through months, maybe years of pain to get there but one day it’ll finally be over and that day will be the happiest, most freedom-filled moment in years. I believe in you! You can do this. And thank you to every women, who i’ve never met, who gave me so much support. I hope one day i can pass it on and help someone else reach their freedom from an abuser. xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hear hear well said DB after years of abuse I’m now on my own no more fear of coming home its great.

I know at time I thought it would never end but it has, to ladies still going through it take it a day at a time and you will get there.

FS

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi deepbreath,

Thank you for sharing such a positive post with us. I am sure your words will help a lot of survivors.

Wishing you the best of luck with your future of freedom and happiness!

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content