Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Escapee
      Participant

Hi ladies,

I’ve been quiet for a bit, just needing to think, weigh it all up and try to make sense of it all.

For years and years I tried to fix him but all I really achieved was that I broke me.

To all you lovely ladies out there that are still in the middle of it all, please don’t make my mistake. The cost is enormous and you’ll be left emotionally bankrupt.

Xx

fizzylem
      Participant

Truly insightful Escapee, beautifully and succintly put – sadly so true, can relate, me too, I can add finacially bankrupt to that as well, have been mad about this for a long time, not now, if its the price for peace then it was money well lost x

Escapee
      Participant

I walked away penniless three times in my life. Each time I’ve survived but being drained emotionally leaves you so vulnerable and it affects so many aspects of your road to recovery – physically, psychologically and the ability to pull yourself back up financially.

Fizzy, I admire you enormously – you show such, strength, wisdom and compassion.

I finally feel I am ready to heal. I had s really bad trigger experience that has knocked me back by several months but it also made me take stock, stay still and really explore what I was feeling. It wasn’t pleasant (still isn’t) but it’s almost like I have become calm and can finally see my way forward.

fizzylem
      Participant

Sorry to read its been an awful period again E, but I’m jumping for joy that you have listened to yourself and given yourself exactly what you needed! This is out of victim mode and into survivor isnt it; but most importantly, always responding to yourself ensures it wont happen ever again – you get why I’m happy for you yes?

Gosh, three times, that is a lot Escapee, and I hear you loud and clear how recovery gets harder. We can only do one step at a time hey, and rest when we need to. You’re gonna be ok flower, I know it, cos you are a good soul and I’ve seen it time and time again that you simply can not keep a good woman down, it’s so true. Remember, he is nothing bar a small resource to utilise for growth learning now, more a stepping stone really, so that you never settle ever again, meaning you have much more chance at success in everything thing you do and in all aspects of your life – getting the life you really want xx

fizzylem
      Participant

Thanks for your kind words, we’re all pretty amazing really aren’t we x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content