Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Thisisme
      Participant

In under two months I have passed my college course, received a distinction for a module in an other course, nearly finished training for my volunteer work, applied for my next college course and have my interview booked and the biggy: started working again after 5 years. Also, I’m raising my daughter alone and getting used to it and I’ve finished a load of TV series that I haven’t been able to watch because I have been in an abusive relationship and the most important of those being Game of Thrones OMG!!! I can’t say I’m over the moon at being single or having to lone parent but writing all these things down has shown me how much I can achieve in such a short amount of time by myself and I’m so proud. Tired… my God so tired but proud non the less.

I have had some very low moments since the split, acted in ways I’m not proud of and have believed at some points that I couldn’t go on. But… I’m still going and I’m doing a good job at it too 🙂 alone!

lover of no contact
      Participant

Well done. All that in just 2 months!! Glad you shared all the positives and the good you are achieving without having to deal with the abuser and his dysfunctional behaviour. The energy that went into him is now all going into you and your child. That’s the way it should be. Keep posting. We all need to be reminded that there is life after abuse and to keep our HOPE alive. Thanks for sharing that.

Bubblegum
      Participant

Lovely post Thisisme X*x

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

This is such a positive post, thank you so much for sharing. I am really inspired by this. My abusive ex caused a lot of disruption to my life in a very short space of time and I got so depressed and anxious I reduced studying, stopped working, reduced my volunteering and rarely saw friends thinking there was something wrong with me, not realising that he was emotionally abusing me. I really want to build my life back up again to be full and happy and strong the way I was working towards before I met him. I too want to start work again. It just feels hard as I’m still in shock and depressed about it all but you have inspired me to keep going and trying, thank you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content