Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Hereforhelp
      Participant

This is such a surreal feeling. He is back from wherever, he found a way to make contact (I cannot say specifics on anything). He threatened to kill me, this is a first, he said it so calmly and without any anger or any emotion at all so I have my children sleeping overnight with a trusted love one. I am sat here with everything locked etc and all alarms next to me and I am ready.
      He may not turn up, I am ready if he does and as my children aren’t here I hope it is tonight for obvious reasons. Still thus NYE is better than last year’s when HE was here.

How are you all doing tonight?

Lots of love to you all ❤ each and everyone of you deserve peace and freedom from any form of abuse

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

How awful. Please let police know via 101, they can put a marker on your address.
      I hate new year, it was never fun when he was here and although he’s not it’s just a horrible evening for me. Trying to be cheery for my kids, they’re adult so it’s easier , but will be pleased when it’s over.

Take care and stay safe xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Hereforhelp,

Thank you for sharing with us. I am sorry to hear he made contact and threatened you. It is good you have the safety measures in place- please do report any contact from him to the police as well. How are you today? I hope you had a safe and peaceful night.

Best wishes,

Lisa

nbumblebee
      Participant

Are you ok?

Kitkat44
      Participant

Hoping you are safe and ok xx

Grey Rock
      Participant

What a rotten NYE. I hope you’re okay and have reported the threats and worked out how to block him from however he managed to contact.

My ex used to make threats to kill himself and other people when spiralling and I remember how scary it is. Fear is their main weapon both when we live with them and when we get away. It’s so annoying when I feel scared to do things because of my ex (despite the no contact order that’s in place). Grrr.

Sending you love, hugs and prayers.

GR

Hereforhelp
      Participant

I am sorry if I alarmed you, not my intention at all. Lisa, It is the safest I have been on NYE, even with his threats I did report him to the police. My children were safely away.
      GR, my eyes are wide open and the fear/anxiety is nowhere as bad as it was. Threats, threats etc.. didn’t work, he didn’t scare me. He has less of a hold on me as I understand more now thanks to this forum and DA support workers/police etc.. all have helped, especially this forum ❤

nbumblebee
        Participant

You are amazing go you.
        You got this ❤

diymum@1
      Participant

You sound very brave I can hear the conviction in your words. Fight hard for your rights everyone has the right to live without abuse. I know you can do this ! To a happier new year xx

Grey Rock
      Participant

That’s great to hear. Go you!!!

🤗🌈

anotherlife
      Participant

Just read your post,my goodness, you brave, brave woman. I hope you’re well protected and you’re getting lots of support. Must be so hard. I hope you don’t have to continue in this way for long & that you can either get somewhere away that he doesn’t know about or that he will be arrested.
      Wishing you strength sweet lady. Keep sharing and we’re all here for you x

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi hereforhelp,

Glad to read your update and that you are safe and sound today.

It’s good you are feeling emotionally stronger, as diymum says, we can feel it in your words.

Keep your vigilance up at this time. That threat could be real, he is losing control and he isn’t liking it. You have to investigate every sound you hear that may not sound normal, don’t try and make excuses for it. It is human nature to try and minimise things to reassure ourselves for comfort.

The bang of the gate – oh it must be the wind.
      The security light gone on in the garden – it’s probably a fox.
      A noise at the window – probably a tree branch.

You get the idea. Be alert, be prepared. Any doubt, press the alarm.

Keep us posted hereforhelp, we want to know you’re okay.

xx

Hereforhelp
      Participant

He rang my parents and they didn’t pick up. He then contacted our children to say he is fine and is worried about ME as I am acting strange and he said that I lie to them. He stooped so low. KIP warned me he would do this, get to my kids, I honestly didn’t think that he would!!
      Wantstohelp, thanks again for your advice, I will do that. My children are back home now and we are safe, I shall remain on alert x. I hope you are all safe ❤

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content