Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Itwastimetostopit
      Participant

…. I was at rock bottom. I’d already been to drs I was so down and I couldn’t cope.

Any calm didn’t last long. I worked more so didn’t have to be at home.
      Littlist thing could set of a rant.

This time last year I didn’t see a way out. I felt stuck.

Today I’ve been out a while. Not quite settled yet.
      Just had a lovely calm Christmas with my children. The simple contrast to last year makes me feel like crying. They deserve this.

Had some guilt over Christmas which wanted to take over, But I didn’t let it. I don’t miss feeling on edge that constant feeling in my stomach. Dreading coming home or when he came through door.

Here’s to a calmer future

Starsindarkness
      Participant

Here Here.

I’m (detail removed by Moderator) on and life is actually colorful again. I love the calmness. I used to love to party a little but now there is nothing better than snuggling up with my son in a warm safe home. He can’t get to us anymore 🙂

KIP.
      Participant

This time last year I still had bad PTSD, flashbacks, five o’clock frights. I was scared and triggered by the sight of his name on a letter. Those things are almost gone. I can actually go for days without thinking of him. Each year is a huge step forward in recovery and I hope 2019 brings peace and freedom to every woman who deserves the same. Onwards and upwards x 🥳

Itwastimetostopit
      Participant

I’m enjoying the calmness

itwillbeokay
      Participant

Wow I needed to read this ladies thank you.

This time last year we were eating and drinking at home and having a NYE party for two, something we always did once our boys went to bed. But of course I was always on edge probably looking back. I was really nervous about tonight. I’ve had lots of triggers and sadness and guilt over the festive season but I agree it’s been calmer and nicer and it’s also been lovely in spite of those feelings. I’m getting stronger. I’m with family tonight. They’re still downstairs watching what we used to watch together which was my much wanted cue to come to bed to fall asleep before midnight in the same bedroom as my boys, something I’ve not done for years.

Tomorrow is the start of the year I didn’t leave my husband. What a year this one has been. The hardest of my life but we are so much happier and I also don’t miss the hyper vigilance and feeling of fear. Our home has such a different feel.

Much love xx

diymum@1
      Participant

We’re nearly at the start of this New Year💕, I sincerely hope you all get through this new year with renewed hope and peace. To a calm year, goodbye to caos and may we all have safety and stability in our lives again. Heres to a Happy New year to you all !🔔🍸🌈Xx love Diy ❤

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Bliadhna Mhath Ùr 2019. Thank you each and everyone of you for helping me through so much. You are all amazing. Here’s to a new year, full of hope ans possibilities.🍾🥂💜

itwillbeokay
      Participant

I’d like to say thank you as well. Very very much. I found NYE very hard. I went to bed before midnight and feel relieved it’s all over and I’m back to work tomorrow. I feel a sense of foreboding about what a new year will bring from him but excited for my future also. But thank you ladies on here from the bottom of my heart.

x*x

diymum@1
      Participant

You sound very steady,I’ve followed your journey bit by bit on here. I think you’ll get through this no problem. I have a feeling and I’ve said this already that he won’t act for now. If he does eventually try to get some contact I’d honestly go through a solicitor. It keeps the drama out of the situation, the less drama the stronger you and your kids will get. I’d be prepared just incase though ie diary, tell the GP the senario. It might never happen but I always say like in the brownies ☺be prepared. We’re here and its a great that yiur doing so well. Your very welcome for the support, sometimes I’ve felt like I’m being awfully ruthless. I hope not but in a way in my own dealings I found I had to be xx you’ll be ok like your user name says xx 💕 💕 DIY ✌ much luv xx

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content