Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dreamsofserenity
      Participant

So nice to have a voice here! When my husband yells at me and tells me I am dim and stupid and doesn’t let me defend myself because he will shout me down again, I go quiet because I am so upset and angry that I am not allowed to have a voice. Then I am accused of giving him the silent treatment and he ‘really will shout at me’ if I keep on doing it. He says he doesn’t shout and that I would know it if he did!! I can’t win. I can’t say what I feel because he will start shouting and putting me down again and if I speak to him as though nothing has happened, I am letting him think that his behaviour is ok. I hear him on the phone to his family and friends; telling them I am horrible and treat him bad and he wonders why I don’t want to see them!

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi DOS

When answer back he say you always have to have the last word, if I didn’t say anything I’d lost my spirit. Dammed if you do dammed if you don’t.

I wasn’t allowed in the last few years to mix with his friends, and his family are all abusive.

I lost my voice too because it was a waste of time to get involved.

Its an awful way to live, they keep making you think it’s all your fault but it’s not.

Please voice here as much as you can we are here to listen.

FS xx

Ayanna
      Participant

Hi, I went through this as well.
      Please get out. Life has more in store for you than this horrible man.
      Call WA, Rights of Women, Women and Girl’s Network, … do not give up. x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content