Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Nolove
      Participant

Getting out from my abuser wasn’t easy at all to be honest because I was so scared and fearful and emotional but the Helpline really helped me to work out getting out safely.

clarityneeded
      Participant

Well done on getting out and finding the courage to leave. I am still with my abuser but I am desperate to get out just cannot make that final move, fear keeping me stuck. How did you manage to do it? Take care x

Enoughsenoughs
      Participant

Well done you much feel so free. I’m still with my abuser but day dream all day how to become free. I speak to lots of helpline workers but just don’t have anywhere to currently go to and I’m worried I’m going to destroy my children if I leave x

Nolove
      Participant

I got out when my abuser wasn’t at home. I took that opportunity.

Lottieblue
      Participant

@nolove did you take all your stuff or just a bag?

Nolove
      Participant

No I didn’t take all my stuff just a small suitcase which I hid behind the bins until I fled..my mum (the abuser) is still trying to be malicious she called the police saying I was missing which I’m not because I’m in a refuge and the day I got here I text my mum saying I’ve gone on a break adviced by the staff to do. So my mum knew I wasn’t missing and now I’m thinking everyone has alternative motives and plotting about me,wanting me to go back to my mums (the abuser) can womens aid refuge do that,? I’m petrified still..Idk if my feelings and thoughts are valid. I know fleeing an abuser isn’t easy at all but if people say it gets better when your in a refuge it flipping doesn’t. You still arrive there with all mental,physical,psychological trauma act. It doesn’t just stop when you get placed in a refuge especially if your living in fear you might have to go back..

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content