Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Rainbowcloud
      Participant

We were just outside and he was kicking off because my son got mud on his seat and I just snapped and lost it told him where to go and who is he talking to.
      Then he goes keep talking I’m going to slap you up the face watch I’m going to smack you across your f****** face.
      I don’t want this no more I can’t cope with it I need him out the house 😢

KIP.
      Participant

Can you ring the helpline number in here for support. Abuse always gets worse. I managed to break free after decades. There is lots of help out there if you can reach out x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Rainbowcloud,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the forum. The behaviour you have explained by your partner is definitely abusive and it sounds like it’s been getting worse. It’s almost always the case that abusive men manage to pretend to everyone else in their life that they are a ‘good man’, it’s how they manage to get away with it. This is his doing and his fault, it’s not yours in any way; abusers are experts at turning situations round to try to make you feel responsible. He is the only person responsible, but sadly is not going to be the one to stop what he’s doing, so it will need to be you who takes some action. There’s lots of help available to help you to do so, you don’t have to do it on your own.

It’s up to you how you proceed, and as KIP says, ringing the helpline on 0808 2000 247 is a good place to start, they are there to listen and talk through your options, they won’t put pressure on you to make any decisions. You could definitely call the police and report his abuse. It sounds like you live in your property; if he is not on the mortgage or tenancy and you are not married then he has no legal right to be there and the police can remove him. You may then need an injunction in place to keep him away. I know all of this can seem very scary to do, but it sometimes becomes necessary.

You and your children deserve to live without the very negative effects of his abuse. Please keep posting, there’s lots of support for you here.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content