Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’m now having threats from his family. I’m the bad one, I’ve cried wolf, he didn’t hurt me, I’m ruining his life!! There bringing up my past but not considering what he’s doing now to a pregnant woman with 2 children. How dare they make me out to be the bad person I have done nothing wrong!!! I don’t want to get bitter and stoop to their level. Horrible controlling violent aggressive family. Maybe I should retaliate the wrong way and ruin my life just to spare there’s. I’m so down at the moment

lover of no contact
      Participant

This is typical behaviour of the abuser’s behaviour. Its rare that the abuser’s family will not enable the abusive behaviour of their family member. My abuser blamed me. His family chose to believe his lies and blamed me. My children believed my abuser (their dad) and believed his family and thought I was to blame. My abuser’s friends blamed me. These people who turned against me I had got on brilliantly with for (detail removed by Moderator). Victim blaming and letting the perp off the hook. Its enabling abusive behaviour.

I can understand you feeing so down. I was too. But you will move to that place of not caring what they think …in time. Its very hard not to be affected by false=accusations, character defamation and the abuser’s smear campaign. The abuser’s thrive on knowing we will be upset, hurt by them smearing us to others. They get a kick out of seeing how they can influence others against us and turn others against us and even get others to abuse us.

Most of us on here have gone through this and it is emotionally excruciatingly painful but it will pass. Just try and forget his and his cronies and their bad mouths. Concentrate on you and your children and the baby you are carrying and keep posting for support.

lover of no contact
      Participant

typo- This is typical behaviour of the abuser’s family

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content