Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      teatime
      Participant

I thought I was doing okayish… I was very ill last year and also someone I loved died.
      I am also losing my home and have not been sleeping well at all.
      Three small but horrible things have happened lately and I am feel scared and vulnerable.
      One was a woman driver screamed at me over and over to hurry up when I was crossing the road ( I am disabled but don’t look as though I am)
      Two was a road rage incident when I was stuck at traffic lights and some woman kept coming up to my car and telling me to move ( don’t ask, it was completely mad) . The person in the car with me did not help and in fact would not do what I was saying which was to get out his pone and wave it about at least)
      Thirdly today, a couple… the man hissed loudly in my ear, presumably racist insut  (detail removed by moderator).This made my blood run cold. I am of Asian descent.
      I had just been out for lunch and I was doing a little shopping…I was doing no harm.The man was HUGE and I never looked at him even though he was massive. He had a girl with him who looked ill, something wrong with her face… the whole thing made me want to chuck up…

I don’t live in an area where you would expect such horrible creepy stuff and I am feeling alone and very vulnerable.
      I always seem to have creepy stuff happening when I least expect it and I do feel like a freak, no one I know has these sorts of experiences.
      I feel like I used to… it isn’t good.The horrible secrets of having been abused in relationships… such cruelty and also my so called best friend was so cruel last year.
      That isn’t all either

Copperflame
      Participant

Omg, you poor thing, all this sounds horrendous! I am so sorry you have had to go through such awful experiences, especially after all you have been through during the last year and the worry you’re facing at the moment. Some people are so intolerant.

I’m also sorry to hear that the person in the car didn’t defend you when you were dealing with the woman at the traffic lights. Would it be possible to report the racist incident to the police? Racism is against the law and to have a large man like that hissing in your ear must have been very intimidating for you. He sounds like a right bully and his behaviour was completely unacceptable.

You must be feeling very shaken up after all that. Do you have anyone you can talk to about it? A close friend perhaps? Please try and be kind to yourself – maybe have a nice bath, a hot drink and an early night. There is nothing wrong with you and you did nothing to invite this treatment – sadly some people are a*******s
      Big hugs, Copperflame

teatime
      Participant

Thank you for your kind words… the person in the car with me suffers from anxiety and has apologised for being a wuss.
      I feel a bit better today, your words meant a lot to me… Thank you again lovely person xx

Ayanna
      Participant

Report whatever you can to the police, even after it has happened.
      There are lots of CCTV on the streets and some incidents might be recorded, you never know.
      Can you get a disability batch?
      I am going to speak to my GP about this because I get bullied a lot in public transport as I have no visible signs of my disabilities.
      On some days we just attract these type of events, whatever it is.
      I do cleansing rituals for myself to remove bad spirits and influences from my life and only attract the good things and people. A little bit of magick is what makes me feel more positive on down days.

teatime
        Participant

A fellow pagan. Blessings, sister xx

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi teatime,

I go through stages where I have horrible weird stuff like this happen to me too. I tend to find they happen when I am feeling shaken, scared, vulnerable, tired and weak. I find the best thing is to go home and look after myself – make yourself a nice meal, have a cup of tea, have a dance around the living room, watch a cosy film with popcorn, ring a friend for a natter and get a good nights sleep.

Then the next day I’m feeling a little stronger and able to cope with the world’s weirdness, and for whatever reason, the weird stuff either stops happening or I don’t notice or it doesn’t bother me as much.

Sorry to hear you experienced these incidents, there really are some terrible, crazy, strange, disturbed people out there. Put self care as your number one priority and it makes dealing with them a lot easier. xx

teatime
      Participant

Thank you all, it’s quite a long time since this happened, but you know what it’s like.
      I have been very vulnerable in recent years. I had a horrible marriage and then met someone nice. Instead of sticking with the nice person, I started dating again, got very badly treated and also went out with someone who died.
      A lot of this is due from me being an idiot I agree. But also, I was very damaged by my marriage. You will be glad to know that I am now with the nice person who has loved me through thick and thin. He is very kind and I realise now that the difficulties we had were due to his own abusive family affecting him… I didn’t know at the time.
      I have always looked for a ‘protector’ as I had a weak Dad, but that is very double edged.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi teatime, you have just hit the nail on the head. looking for a protector due to a weak father, wow wonder if that’s what ì did. Very insightful. Xx

So sorry to hear you have expreinced these things. I likewise have a disabilty and such things just throw me out completely. You may wish to report such things as a hate crime. Do have a look at the Sari website which helps people who suffer as a result of racial/disablity/gender discrimination. They have a helpline.
      all best
      ftc
      x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content