Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Overcome
      Participant

Hi all,

I wanted to share with you all how my life is turning out for the better now that I am free from the toxic relationship with my coercive and controlling ex.

I am now sat in my new home, don’t have much to my name and money worries are ongoing BUT…

I am finally at peace! All of the worries I had about leaving I now realise were all in my head; worrying how I would cope on my own and how I would get by were either a figment of my imagination or planted there from HIM.

I went no contact which has been the best decision I made, childcare arrangements are now through a third party with eyes very near to the situation from SS and police. I am in regular contact with them for support if it’s needed – he is on his best behaviour now which is great because the children get the best of him and the best of me.

For the first time in a long time the FOG has lifted and I am finally starting to get excited and motivated about things that I used to enjoy such as running and painting. Things I had no desire for a few months ago.

reaching out and asking for help from every possible avenue has been a game changer for me. I decided one day that I will never lie or try to cover up what has been happening ever again, I know my truth! And that honesty I have shared with support services, work and people around me has opened doors I never knew existed.

I am saying all of this because I want to share what life is like when you finally break through this fear instilled inside from the torment you have endured. It took me 4 attempts at breaking free but this one is the final time and I am finally at peace with it.

I still have down days, remembering the good times and just wanting to be a family, but I have recognised that what is played in my head is not the reality of who he really is and am starting to come to terms with that.

Please find hope from what I am saying and gather the strength to just get out. Deal with everything else after that when your head is clearer.

With love,

Overcome x x x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Overcome,

Thank you so much for sharing that with us. It is so amazing to hear your feelings of peace, clarity, honesty and freedom. I am so glad that you are feeling optimistic and hopeful about the future.

You’ve been through so much and have done amazingly well to get to this point. Thank you for this post, I’m sure it will be inspiring and reassuring for others to read too.

Take care of yourself,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content