Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

Although I thought I had been trying, my complex life means I haven’t been doing that for a long long time and look where that got me.
      I wish I had the money to treat myself to a new look me? go get a new haircut and some new clothes. That would be a start.

nbumblebee
      Participant

You dont always need money to look after yourself.
      A long bath with a cheap face pack or cucumber slices on your eyes, a walk in the sunshine meditate, a laugh with a friend, read a good book an uplifting one, all these things are ways to feel good for yourself.
      You are doing great sweetie you really are keep going xxxxx

Hazydayz
        Participant

Thankyou nbumlebee ❤️ yes I agree with all you said, good ideas! All good of course! It was just a throwback moment I was having yesterday to how I used to like to deal with things! See myself differently! And show whoever was affecting my self esteem….I can change! Your not stopping me! And I did move on with that new look/attitude. So anyway, it does get me down sometimes not being able to afford to get my haircuts ( so expensive these days, even a trim!) And ( cost of living crisis means money is much tighter isn’t it!) I’m living on a shoestring financially always strapped for money to spare! Like so many of us!..actually chiefly because I pay monthly subscription to a leisure/fitness club, my swim sessions are invaluable for my physical/mobility and mental health but I’ve had COVID & not been for the last 6 weeks But that’s what I did yesterday after I posted I went swimming and felt so much better, even if I had to tie my long hair up again and take ages drying it after, it was worth the having to sacrifice hairdoes and shopping sprees for something different to wear, retail therapy! now spring has sprung and drab winter wardrobe clothes seem so dreary. Relatail therapy! Feel good factor! You know? Anyway what I did want to say is… Yesy swimming, I met some nice new lady member, got talking and felt like we were meant to meet! Talk our problems out! Well, some of them anyway. I believe that was all I’ve needed really a good face to face with someone who needed the same, someone to talk to. Same happened again this morning swimming, Someone else came along and it was the same, just as good! Hope your enjoying your day🙂

nbumblebee
      Participant

I train most days its the most important thing I can ever do.
      Helps me control my anger my self hate my thoughts and I have a great group of people whom I train with. I agree this is worth far more than a hair cut and a new top although those things do help. Why not try a charity shop? Swap some of your old drab clothes as you put it for some sparkly new ones they will be new to you!?
      Keep going you are doing great sweetie you really are. Xxxx

Hazydayz
        Participant

nbumlebee, That’s good to read you are managing your essential anger and self hate through your training and with the great team of people around you. You too sweetie are doing something great for yourself. I do support my local Charity shops by donating everything I hoard so tell myself not to start bringing stuff back home. But I have often.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content