Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Freedom @
      Participant

Does anybody have any ways or ideas to trick my brain into not showing fear/nervousness when having to speak to these people. Still living together so practical things like discussing finances trigger my nervousness. It can take me ages to build myself up to discussing important issues with him because I know he’s not going to be happy with what I say. Jow can I hide my anxiety? Basically I don’t want him to sense my fear.

Hetty
      Participant

Your fear response is triggered because of his abuse. It’s your mind and body working in perfect harmony to alert you to danger. I found avoiding all of these conversations the best option until I was out and away from him. I avoided all conflict as much as I could. It’s pointless trying to have adult conversations with these men as the vast majority of the time it only triggers rage. Being assertive might escalate abuse. These men sense fear a mile off and your partner will know your weak spots and how to trigger you. Please be careful xx

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful angel… Freedom,
      Practicing yoga and meditation will help, you need to build strength from within.
      Especially focus on grounding meditations and yoga postures, imagine roots going from you deep down into the earth to keep you anchored, so when the wind blows
      (for example these situations you are experiencing now) you stay fixed and strong and don’t get blown over.
      Imagine a big old oak tree and a new seedling … the oak tree will stand firm in a storm, where as a little seedling will get up rooted.
      Google root chakra … this is the area you need to work on.
      I know from my own experience that once I got grounded and strong my boundaries strengthened and I was clearer with who I am and what I excepted from people.
      Strengthen your physical body on the inside and outside will strengthen your mind and actions, it will have a knock on effect
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

Freedom @
      Participant

Thank you ladies x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content