Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tinkerbell
      Participant

Need advice ex abusuve partner having contact with kids. Having contact in a house with little heating and some issues with damp. Lately ramped things up and will not communicate with me at all about the children. To the point of being difficult about dropping off and pick ups . Feels like he’s doing it all over again, don’t want the kids not to see thier dad. It this is hard to deal with, any advice please? Sorry vague post tired of dealing with the constant stress.

Goldengirl
      Participant

My sympathies are with you, Tinks. They will do anything to keep us tired, stressed and downtrodden. They like that they can still have some effect on our lives. A diary is very useful. Make a note of contact arrangements on the first page. Then, every time he has them make notes – what time he picked them up, dropped them back, what was said between the two of you, what the children said when they returned. Don’t pump them for information as this can be seen as influencing them – just keep it general, nice time? What did they eat? Warm enough? If they are old enough, get them to jot down a few thoughts on their visits in the back or in their own diary. After a few weeks, you can go to court with your concerns, as you have kept a record of events. My friend found this very useful.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content